2016 Lower Colorado River Science Symposium (LCRSS)
2014 Lake Mead Science Symposium
2014 to 2015
2012 to 2013
2009 to 2011
2007 & 2008
2005 & 2006
Algae Task Force
Ecosystem Monitoring Workgroup
Meeti ng Agendas
Calendar of Events
Memorandum of Agreement
Las Vegas Wash
Las Vegas Bay
The Lake Mead Water Quality Forum was established in 1997 to facilitate a proactive and cooperative effort to address water quality issues in the Las Vegas Wash, Las Vegas Bay and Lake Mead. The original Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was signed by twenty-one local, state and federal agencies and other organizations charged with protecting and improving the environment. The Forum also includes two members of the community at large to provide input from business, industry and the general pubic. The MOA was reauthorized in 2004 and 2010.
The goals of the Lake Mead Water Quality Forum are to support the protection of human health and the environment and to preserve and improve the water quality of the Las Vegas Wash, the Las Vegas Bay and Lake Mead. To meet these goals, the Forum will cooperatively and openly:
- Identify issues regarding the water quality of the Las Vegas Wash, Las Vegas Bay and Lake Mead;
- Protect these waterbodies for public and municipal water supply, aquatic life, wildlife, recreation and other beneficial uses;
- Use the Forum to build stakeholder consensus and share information;
- Coordinate study efforts, provide technical updates and disseminate information to the public;
- Serve as a clearinghouse on water quality issues and provide peer review;
- Enhance the public input process; and
- Formulate topics which may require further work or where additional study may be necessary.
The Forum recognizes that there are a number of complex issues regarding the water quality of the Las Vegas Wash, the Las Vegas Bay and Lake Mead, many of which are interrelated.
Water quality studies and investigations should be coordinated, to the extent possible, to ensure the application of sound science, minimize duplication of activities, ensure taxpayer funds are used wisely and efficiently, and ensure that the full body of data is made available to the Forum members and to the public.